Parrots Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is dedicated for helping and supporting PARROTS and their OWNERS

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Live Chat Available on the home page to MEMBERS!!! ----- MORE SPECIAL FEATURES TO COME TO MEMBERS  -----  JOIN NOW ***IT'S FREE***
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Gallery
opening her mouth (not yawning) Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 239 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:06 am

opening her mouth (not yawning)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
melalmighty
Egg
Egg
melalmighty

opening her mouth (not yawning) Memberfwt
Birdie Points : 14

PostSubject: opening her mouth (not yawning)   opening her mouth (not yawning) EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 am

hello everyone hope you and your feathered friends are ok. I have noticed Sapphire (my13 month CAG) open her mouth 4 or 5 times on the trot maybe 1 or twice a day. its not yawning as her yawns are different. I dont want to seem like a neurotic mum but is this anything to have concerns about or warrant a trip to the vet please. I notice she does it just after she has groomed her feathers (she is dusty but refuses and stresses out when you try to spray her and she is on her first molt too i believe). Her poops a daisy is normal and she is eating ok. I would love to hear if anyone has any knowledge of why she does this.

Many thanks for your time xx Mel & Sapphire
Back to top Go down
jules
Chick
Chick
jules

opening her mouth (not yawning) Gmodp
Birdie Points : 280

PostSubject: Re: opening her mouth (not yawning)   opening her mouth (not yawning) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 9:40 am

yes it is normal as jasper does it sometimes. sapphire may just be trying to dislodge or seed or something,there is another reason too but i cant remember,sorry opening her mouth (not yawning) Icon_smile

if she starts doing this all the time,very often it (as in all day long) could be a sign of illness.
Back to top Go down

opening her mouth (not yawning)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrots Paradise :: The Parrots :: The Parrots :: African Grey-
Jump to: