Parrots Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is dedicated for helping and supporting PARROTS and their OWNERS

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Live Chat Available on the home page to MEMBERS!!! ----- MORE SPECIAL FEATURES TO COME TO MEMBERS  -----  JOIN NOW ***IT'S FREE***
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Gallery
Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 239 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:06 am

Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
melalmighty
Egg
Egg
melalmighty

Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Memberfwt
Birdie Points : 14

PostSubject: Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough   Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:19 am

Hello everyone and thank you for this forum, i will find this and as useful as i do the other forums.
I have only had Sapphire since 28th September 2009, there is so much to learn about them.
Yesterday we went out for the day, we took Sapphire to my mums, she was as good as gold not noisy or anything.
Today she is very quiet, spending most of it in her cage rather than out side it. This is probably a behaviour of them (i hope). She often shivers too but its not cold, she clears her nasal passage too. I get extrememly paranoid and i wonder if i know enough about her to care for her. What are the sign of them being unwell/
Thank you for your time people xx
Back to top Go down
jules
Chick
Chick
jules

Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Gmodp
Birdie Points : 280

PostSubject: Re: Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough   Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:57 pm

hello mel and sapphire. i've just been reading about you on african grey parrots. welcome to you both. Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Icon_biggrin

jasper does get tired when we've been out for a while so yes it is normal for them to be quiet for a while after. the shivering is a sign of contentment unless it goes on for too long then they might be feeling under the weather. the odd sneeze throughout the day to clear their nostrils is ok too but look out for any discharge. smelly poop ( like a bad egg smell,dont worry you dont have to go about sniffing it lol. is a very bad sign of illness) any wheezing, loss of voice,sleeping all the time and being too quiet are all signs to watch for Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
sweeetnlowww
Adult
Adult
sweeetnlowww

Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Admina
Birdie Points : 775

PostSubject: Re: Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough   Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:00 pm

will add that i read that shivering is also a way to warm the body, kinda like how us humans perspire...doesn't mean they're cold...cjs does this after a misting or shower...

...the first day i noticed him to be 'quiet', i got so worried...now i love those days, lol...he still does them on rainy days, or even days i feel in a quiet mood myself...they do pick up on your emotions too...

welcome here Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
melalmighty
Egg
Egg
melalmighty

Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Memberfwt

PostSubject: thank you   Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Thank you for all that information. The shivering adds up now, she does it when she is just chilling, i know full well its not because she is cold. I feel at ease with the odd sneeze, not too sure i want those smelly poo's though. I take it im still ok to take her for days out like to my mums or anywhere safe? Its lovely to know that someone can help, no matter where anyone is a CAG is a CAG LOL thank you Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Icon_surprised
Back to top Go down
Dr moonshine
Egg
Egg
Dr moonshine

Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Admina

PostSubject: Re: Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough   Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:50 am

HI and welcome melalmighty. if you have any questions dont be shy just ask away and there will always be some one to answer your question.

glad everything is ok and yeah there is no problem with taking her out. just as always keep an eye on her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough   Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough Empty

Back to top Go down

Im a newbie and worry that i dont know enough
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrots Paradise :: General :: Introduction-
Jump to: